Pokémon Go is a fantastic game. It earned $3 billion because of:
- The Pokémon creative property
- The augmented reality eye candy
- The novel gameplay of exploring the real world
The game is still going, but it lost its fad status in 2 months because it was:
- Boring, with a shallow storyline, repetitive content, and only one way to play,
- Undirected, with no reason to go North vs. South,
- Non-social, with no real way to interact with friends or meet new people,
- Isolating, where players feel alone, not part of a global web of big competing factions,
- Lackluster, with its poor augmented reality technology that most users just turned off, and
- Transient, where nothing is permanent, so players can’t express themselves, making a mark on the world.
Big Movement Gaming
Monsarrat solves this with a new type of mobile gaming technology, based on 3 patent applications. We call it Big Movement Gaming because:
- Like massively multiplayer online games, players join big movements of competing factions, rising up in the hierarchy to boss other players around,
- Like AR games, they move big, exploring the game world by moving through the real world, looking through their smart phones, meeting real people and making friends,
- And it’s a big new movement in videogame technology!
Our technology retains players better, monetizes them better, and is far more dynamic for esports and live video streaming than somebody just sitting at a desk. Group hierarchies help players socialize and give each other more to do. Users can add their own game world content, participate in scavenger hunts, and follow clue paths that take them all over town.
First we’ll create a platform, a technology that lets anyone create an augmented reality mobile walking game.
We don’t compete with AR graphics platforms like Google ARCore and Apple ARKit. Instead our platform is built on them, and our partner Visualix, to provide a technology ecosystem for AR gameplay. Plug in your sponsored app, your homemade app, your professional app. Get access to our community. Make money. We support you.
Right now our focus is entirely on our technology platform for AR gaming, and a first game to prove it, based on a secret multi-billion dollar TV / movie franchise. Let’s just say it’s not Harry Potter, but it’s about that size.
Now we just need you! Sign up for news and sneak previews in the sidebar or apply to join the team.